We are working to keep Lake Williams free of invasive plants and a resource we all can enjoy. Learn about Friends of Lake Williams by clicking on About Us.
You can also follow us on Facebook. Click the link at the bottom of this page.
What’s Coming Up –
2020 Lake Drawdown
The Town of Lebanon has notified Friends of Lake Williams that the drawdown for this year will begin on November 1st.
Stay tuned for events that will be coming up in 2021!
Invasive Weed Treatment
The treatment for milfoil and fanwort occured on Monday, August 24th between 4pm and 6pm.
Unauthorized Use of Lake Williams State Park Scenic Reserve
Individuals have been driving cars and camping on the DEEP property along with launching boats and jet skis. These activities are not permitted and anyone seeing these activities should call DEEP Enforcement immediately at: 860 424 3333
- What? Describe the nature of the problem, violation, or suspicious activity as completely as possible, including all information you think would be helpful. Complete, detailed reports can help determine the type of investigation needed. Photographs or video can be very helpful.
- Where? The location of the incident. Be specific as possible, including road or stream names and directions so our inspectors can locate the problem.
- When? The date and time the incident occurred or when you first noticed it. The sooner an incident is reported the greater likelihood that an environmentally protective response can be made.
- Who? A description of any people suspected to be involved, noting clothing and distinguishing features. If you know the company or individual(s) causing the problem, please give us that information. Also, indicate which local officials you have previously contacted in your town regarding this environmental issue including: names, dates, information/photographs, action taken, etc.
- Vehicles or vessels? Any vehicles, vessels, etc. involved? Provide a description, including registration or plate number, color, make, model, and the direction it was traveling.
- Containers? Indicate the size, shape, color, and number of containers; the type (plastic, metal, etc.); condition (bulging, rusted, missing covers, etc.); any leaking material.
- Your contact information? All information provided to DEEP becomes part of the public record. You may file a complaint anonymously; in that case, however, DEEP will not be able to provide you with feedback and, if you do not supply sufficient information regarding the problem, we may not be able to investigate the complaint. Please note: in many cases you can be identified by your email address; if you wish to remain anonymous, you may need to file your complaint by phone.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the value of the purchase to Friends of Lake Williams Inc. You can still purchase the same items at the same low price that you find on the regular Amazon website or in the app. Support us every time you shop.
New! Amazon has announced that you can now make purchases on Amazon Smile with your iOS or Android app on your phone or tablet. Simply click on the menu in the app, click on Settings , then select AmazonSmile. Don’t forget to choose Friends of Lake Williams as the charity you want to donate to.
We need your help
The annual membership drive for Friends of Lake Williams drive is ongoing. Current members will be solicited by mail or email if available. If you want to be a new member, or if you have not received your request for renewal in the mail, click this link. That will open a new page or tab to allow you to print the application.